Danforth Chapel Information
Thank you for your interest in hosting an event at KU's Danforth Chapel.
- Events may be scheduled between 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. daily.
- Building Capacity: 19 People
- Number of Pews: 18
- Center Aisle Length: 25 feet
Price Menu: Payment is due in full at time of reservation
- Alumni/non-students – $450.00 for 2 hours and a 1 hour rehearsal time
- Students – $320.00 for 2 hours and a 1 hour rehearsal time
- You may purchase ONE additional hour for the following prices:
- Alumni/non-students – $225.00
- Students – $160.00
- Christenings / Memorials:
- Alumni/non-students Christenings and Memorials: $200.00 for ONE HOUR
- Students (Christenings) – $100.00 for ONE HOUR
- Student Memorials: please inquire by calling 785-864-4861
- Reservation and Cleaning Fees: The Danforth Chapel assistant on duty will perform a walk-through with you at the end of your event to address any issues that may require a cleaning fee or payment for any damages.
Danforth Chapel reservation fee payments can be made by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover). No cash or checks will be accepted.
Credit card payments may be made online. Please inquire further about our policies in regard to credit card transactions.
There is no charge for registered student groups to reserve Danforth, but you are required to fill-out a Danforth Reservation Form at least two weeks prior to your event.
The chapel is only available to registered student organizations Monday-Friday, from 7:30 am - 10:00 pm for one and a half hours per day. Any event sponsored by such organizations must be approved by the Office of Event Management and Protocol. Please complete this online event request form and review the event organizer guidelines. The reservations made by registered student organizations are never guaranteed if a paying party wishes to use it for a wedding, christening, or memorial service. Those reservations will take precedence over all other activities.