Dining plans are required with a residence hall contract and optional for scholarship hall and apartment living residents. The 2017-2018 plans and rates are listed below.
All Access Dining Plan, $4,290
The best value plan is flexible for busy students who will eat most meals and snacks at the residential dining center for sit down or take out (one Jaywalk meal per day) but need the convenience of a Retail Pass meal on campus.
14 Meals Dining Plan, $4,150
Enjoy 14 meals that can be used at the residential dining centers for sit down or take out (one Jaywalk Meal per day). You can use the meals anytime throughout the week.
10 Meals Dining Plan, $3,584
Going home most weekends? No problem. Popular with students who may skip a meal or two, but still need the residential dining centers for sit down or take out (one Jaywalk Meal per day). You can use the meals anytime throughout the week.
50 Meal Block Dining Plan, $425
Optional plan for apartment residents who may eat at the residential dining centers occasionally but want the accessibility and ease of the Retail Pass. Residence hall students may purchase the 50 Meal Block in addition to their 14 Meals or 10 Meals dining plan.
- Retail Pass – a meal equivalency in the retail locations: Underground, Market, Courtside Café, Mortar & Pestle, The Studio Grill, Southside, and certain JayBreaks. Available for the All Access and 50 Block plan only; 1 Retail Pass is allowed per day. Must choose 1 entrée, 1 side, and 1 drink from the Retail Pass menu at each location (items vary by location). Can omit but not substitute. Ask associate for more info.
- Residential Dining Centers include Mrs. E’s, Oliver Dining, and North College Café
- All Access – Unlimited meals in the residential dining center, 1 Jaywalk Meal per day, and 1 Retail Pass per day.
- The Week – Is Monday through Sunday for the 14 Meal and 10 Meal dining plans. They reset weekly Monday morning.
- Dining Dollars – All plans have a declining balance to be used for food and beverages at any retail location on campus. Half the Dining Dollars are available at the start of the fall semester and any unused amount will roll over to the spring semester for those with active dining plans. Dining Dollars expire at the end of the academic year, so be sure to use it!
- Guest Passes – Used for friends, half of guest passes are available each semester and must be used before the end of the semester, only at the residential dining locations.
- Parent/Legal Guardian Meals – Parents/legal guardians can accompany their student in the residential dining centers for 2 meals per month. Parents/legal guardians will sign in at the cashier station.
- Jaywalk Meal –Your dining plan provides a convenient "to-go" meal service at all residential dining locations. Let your greeter know when they swipe your card to get plastic silverware and a compostable container. Jaywalk Meals can only be used once per day and the lid must be able to close. Fill your compostable box with whatever you like from E's, North College, and Oliver dining centers. Jaywalk Meals cannot be used if staying to eat inside the dining center, and cannot be used at multiple locations on the same day.
The deadline to change a dining plan is 5 p.m. Friday on the second week after classes begin each semester; for the 2017-2018 academic year, those deadlines are September 1, 2017 and January 26, 2018.
Residence hall students may purchase the 50 Meal Block dining plan in addition to their 14 Meals or 10 Meals dining plan.
If you live in the residence halls, signing up is part of the room selection process. If you live off-campus, you may sign up by logging into the myKU portal, sign into Student Housing under “Services” then click on “Dining Plans” under “What do you want to do?
If you have any questions about KU Dining Plans, please contact Karen Cross by email at email@example.com or by phone at 785-864-7274.