Hours of Operation
Danforth Chapel is open to the public from 8a-5p, Monday thru Friday. Groups may use the facility during this time if the chapel remains accessible to the general public during use.
Reservations for Danforth Chapel are available through the KU Memorial Union Event Services office by calling (785) 864-2444 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Student organizations may reserve the chapel for a private event from 5-7p Monday-Thursday.
Danforth Chapel is closed when the University is closed, including holidays, holiday weekends, and extended breaks. The following Holidays are observed:
• 4th of July Weekend
• Labor Day Weekend (including the Monday after)
• Memorial Day Weekend (including the Monday after)
• Commencement Weekend (no reservations but Chapel will be open to the general public)
• Thanksgiving Break
• Academic Winter Break (please inquire because dates change from year to year)
• New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
• Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Hours are subject to change in the event of any campus closure, in whole or in part, or for any cause beyond the University’s control, including orders, actions, regulations, or recommendations of local, state, or federal governmental authorities, including public health officials, that limit or restrict the size or manner of public gatherings.
Please check Danforth Chapel availability by emailing email@example.com.