"Danforth Chapel was dedicated in 1946. It was named after William Danforth whose grant from the Danforth Foundation provided the impetus for beginning construction. Students and faculty also contributed money and labor to see their site for meditation become a reality. The Chapel is nondenominational and provides a quiet place for individual meditation and prayer as well as weddings, student organization gatherings, and other special occasions.
The chapel continues to rely on the generosity of donors to support the ongoing maintenance required to assure it remains a special place for generations to come."