NetNutrition® is an online nutrition analysis program. This service provides a convenient method to calculate the approximated nutritional values of your food selections from our various campus dining locations. These Daily Value percentages are based upon a setting that averages the Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDAs) for individuals between the ages of 19-24. NetNutrition® is best viewed in Internet Explorer.
KU Dining flags food items with the top 8 allergens plus gluten. Look for these icons in our locations.
Visit the NetNutrition® nutrient calculator. For items that are ingredients and condiments that are available everyday, choose Everyday Selections.
Unfortunately, NetNutrition does not store nutritional information for our featured national brands. If you are interested in learning more, we invite you to visit the nutrition areas of their Web sites, which are listed below:
- Pick the dining location you plan to visit.
- Choose the date and meal. This selection allows you to view the various menu categories being served. “Everyday Selections” provides a listing of items that are seen often in your dining location.
- Choose the category, then select menu item(s) you want analyzed.
- Please note the standard serving size. If desired, you can use the pull down menu to select another serving size that reflects the portion you plan to consume.
- Select ¨Item Nutrition¨ for a quick glance of the Nutritional Information preview or hover curser over the menu item, nutritional information will pop up for viewing.
- If desired, select item and portion size, then ¨Add Items¨ to see the items you will be selecting for the day/week.
- Review your ¨Meal Nutrition¨ analysis for Calories, Fat, Protein, Carbohydrates and Sodium.
- If you have allergies or food intolerances, use the ¨Filters¨ at the bottom left of the home page.
- Select the allergy or food intolerance, then select ¨Apply Filters¨ to provide you with a shopping cart of menu items from which to choose.
- Manufacturers sometimes change product formulations without notice. Due to a recent vendor change, many of our products have changed. Nutritional and allergen updates are in progress. We encourage you to talk with your dining manager if you have severe allergies.
Find your location and select your menu item (ie: Crunchy Chicken Cheddar Wrap from Brellas). Then click “Add Items.” Next, click Everyday Selections from the same dining location, then “Daily Sandwich/Burger/Wrap Toppings,” and choose from the list that appears. Click “Add Items” to add those toppings to your meal.
It’s as easy as selecting the wheat/gluten allergen filter in NetNutrition. Simply find your location, select the wheat/gluten allergen filter and only those items without wheat/gluten will be listed. Many of our menu selections can be altered to be more gluten sensitive friendly. Please ask your server if an item can be prepared with a gluten free substitute (ie: bread, tortilla), however we cannot guarantee a certified gluten free establishment. If you need further assistance, please contact the unit manager.
Nutrition analysis is based on a 2000 calorie diet. All information is approximate. Information is based on ingredient labels, USDA information and standardized recipes.
Menus are posted three days prior and seven days from the current date for most of the residential and retail operations on campus.
Use the following as a guide for judging portion sizes:
- Computer mouse = 3/4 cup
- Deck of Cards = 3 oz. portion of meat
- Postage Stamp = 1 teaspoon
- Tennis Ball = 1/2 cup
- Slice of Cheese = 3/4 ounce
- Glass at Dining Center = 1.5 cups (12 oz.)
- Coffee mug at Dining Center = 1 cup (8 oz.)
- Small Fountain Beverage = 2 cup (16 oz.) no ice
- Medium Fountain Beverage = 2.5 cup (21 oz.) no ice
- Large Fountain Beverage = 4 cup (32 oz.) no ice
Our liquid frying shortening is 100% Canola oil in the all-you-care-to-eat dining locations. Chick-Fil-A items are prepared with peanut oil.
KU Dining Services has vegan and vegetarian options in all locations across campus. To locate these in NetNutrition®, select “Vegetarian” or “Vegan” preference option to list entrees that meet your needs. In recipe names, (V) indicates a vegetarian option and (Vg) indicates a vegan alternative. KU Dining Services reviews food labels for these criteria. If the manufacturer states it is suitable for either a vegan or vegetarian, then we accept their claim. If you have additional questions about your options, please contact Jade Gibson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In NetNutrition®, select and apply allergen filters (located at the bottom left of the NetNutrition home page). Menu items that contain the allergen you selected will be excluded from the list on screen. Example: If the Milk allergen is selected, then only items free of milk will be shown. Manufacturers sometimes change product formulations without notice. Due to a recent vendor change, many of our products of have changed. Nutritional and allergen updates are in progress. We encourage you to talk with your dining manager if you have severe allergies.
Standard Roasterie Coffee® recipes use 2% milk and regular syrups. Save about 40 calories and 4 fat grams by requesting skim milk for a medium drink. Save 100 calories per ounce of regular syrup by requesting sugar free syrup. Drop the whip cream to save 15 calories and 1 gram fat.
Contact Kaprelle Bradley at 785.864.2407 or email@example.com.
Disclaimer: KU Dining Services handles and prepares peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, eggs, dairy, fish, shellfish, soy, and other potential allergens in all of our dining locations. Manufacturers may change their product formulation without our knowledge and product availability may fluctuate. We make every reasonable effort to identify ingredients and prevent cross-contact, but we cannot guarantee the accuracy of information for all menu items. Ultimately it is the responsibility of the consumer to determine whether or not to question ingredients or eat selected menu items.